In June 2016, Brighton First's Administrative Board appointed a task forece to create the framework for a church Strategic Plan. The fully developed plan was approved by the Administrative Board in September 2016 (You can view by going to the "documents" link in this blog). We give thanks to God for the faithful leaders of our church who have worked hard to make strategic changes so that more may know the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Here are some highlights of what action items have been accomplished:
Goal 1 – Create a Culture of Invitation and Welcome·
- Church website under redevelopment
- Communications Team formed and active, improving quality of communications
- Hospitality team increasing numbers of greeters, ushers and coffee hour hosts
- Hospitality ministry funding in general annual budget
- Children and Youth ministries include practice of hospitality in annual curriculum
- Children’s Ministries located in one area (This project is currently underway)
- Review all committees, small groups and classes for practices of hospitality (currently in progress)
Goal 2 –Create a system at Brighton First in which people of all ages have the opportunity to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.·
- Curriculum reflects goal to make disciples.Adult Discipleship Development Team have comprehensive plan for faith development and offer diverse classes and groups for faith growth
- Youth Summer Intern program established
- Prayer ministries highlighted and strengthened
- Brighton First
Care Team established
Goal 3-Send People Out into the World to Serve in Christ’s Name.
- Community Outreach Team working with residents of Mill Pond Manor
- Bridge event, connecting the church with the community, for teachers hosted in the fall of 2016 and bridge event for "First Responders" planned for Fall 2017.