Saturday, February 16, 2019

Preparations for General Conference 2019 Observer

The Special Session of the General Conference of The United Methodist Church meets February 23 - 26 in St. Louis, Missouri. I will be attending as an observer. (Actually, I am a "credentialed" alternate delegate because I was elected as an alternate delegate for the 2016 North Central Jurisdictional Conference. However, I will not be sitting in any session as a delegate because there are several alternate delegates eligible before me.)

I will be "in the stands" of the former St. Louis Rams football stadium where the conference is being held. I will share information as events unfold at the Conference through this blog, Facebook (Sherry Parker-Lewis) and Twitter (@RevSherry). You can see events live streams at gc.michiganumc.org.

Please keep the delegates in prayer. Let us pray together that the work of the General Conference reflects God's will for the United Methodist Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment